Wednesday 31 August 2022

Which threads to use part 1 – To DMC or not to DMC

 Happy there’s a great cross stitch thread market…DMC, CXC?

So I’ve decided to start a new cross stitch pattern… Balance Achieved available from modXstitch

 Original photo

 Cross stitch mock up 

It’s actually a photo of my cat Python so it seemed like a good place to start. So, it’s the smaller version, just 333 x 350 stitches and 73 different colours. The question I asked myself was should I use DMC threads or try the much talked about CXC threads? Having priced up the threads needed I’ve decided to try out the CXC (€32 for 250 skeins of choice from AliExpress)    So here’s the exciting thing (for me anyway!) – the threads have arrived in France, woohoo. Should be just a 1 or 2 days now before they arrive. I feel a photo shoot coming on upon arrival!    Once I’ve seen the threads I can decide on which count to use – I’m leaning to towards 14, 16 or 18 at the moment.  I’ll post photos from time to time and give my opinion on the CXC threads – secretly hopping them to be good as that’s save heaps of money with all the patterns I want to do!

Thanks for reading which threads to use part 1

Sam








If I fits...

This post is part of an ongoing blog

#bloggerlife #crossstitch #Whichthreadstouse #modXstitch

No comments:

Post a Comment

9 Cross Stitch Patterns to Inspire Your Next DIY Project

 Cross Stitch Patterns! If you're a fan of DIY projects and embroidery, then cross-stitching is the perfect hobby for you. This timeles...