Tuesday 13 September 2022

Which threads to use part 2 – CXC has arrived …

 Really excited! The CXC has arrived

The CXC has arrived ! The other day the post lady delivered a large pack of cross stitch threads way quicker than anticipated.  Well packaged and not tangled was a good start.  The spanking new 18 count (settled on 18 count aida for Python) aida arrived today – ordered 2 metres so have plenty for 3 or 4 projects. I’m ready to go.  I think I might grid the fabric first so I won’t get too lost while stitching. The printer’s just spent it’s lunch hour producing the pattern (I print on high quality to make sure the symbols print properly) and I’ve downloaded the PDF to my phone in case I need to enlarge a section.  So now I just need to sort out all the threads and get them ‘in position’ as it were.  I’m quite excited to try out the CXC threads. They’re so much softer to the touch than DMC and a little thicker so I’m going to test a small square to see if I need to stitch with 1 or 2 strands.  Photos of my thread delivery – they didn’t have the newer DMC numbers in CXC so they sent DMC for those.



Thanks for reading which threads to use part 2

Sam







Grr...I'm a tiger!

This post is part of an ongoing blog

#bloggerlife #crossstitch #Whichthreadstouse #modXstitch

No comments:

Post a Comment

9 Cross Stitch Patterns to Inspire Your Next DIY Project

 Cross Stitch Patterns! If you're a fan of DIY projects and embroidery, then cross-stitching is the perfect hobby for you. This timeles...